Correct. These puppies aren’t beautiful – – but they are tasty!!
Jefferson and I have been on the hunt for a great oatmeal cookie recipe, one that’s both sugar free and nut free (school appropriate). In the end we melded a few recipes and came up with the one below.
The kids absolutely love these cookies and Adam takes them with him when exercising for a post workout snack. They are quite filling and could even serve as a quick breakfast on the go. You can whip them up in minutes to boot.
Give them a try!
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 egg (optional, I added this for extra protein & fat)
- 1/4 cup sunbutter (ground sunflower seeds)
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup hemp seeds
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- dash of sea salt
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Blend bananas in high powered blender or food processor. Add oats, egg, hemp, sunbutter, applesauce, almond milk, vanilla extract, salt and cinnamon and blend until combined.
- Scrap liquid into a mixing bowl and stir in raisins. Drop by the spoonful onto a greased or parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the edges are golden, 10-12 minutes.
- Remove immediately from baking sheet and transfer to cooling rack.